Business Context: Based in Newark, California the Stockroom Supervisor will be responsible for the night shift operations. Primary responsibilities will be: Receiving, Inventory control/cycle counts, return to stock, consumables/Kanban, re-work PO’s along with supporting 12 Jidoka lines.
Introduction to the role:This role is a floor position that will require 90% of the workday spent in the stockroom operations. Stockroom Supervisor will be responsible for coaching, motivating, and leading the stockroom employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the day and establishing a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently.
Post: Stockroom Supervisor – Night Shift Newark
Location : Newark, California
Employer: Danaher Corporation
Job type: Full- Time
Experience Range : 2-3 Years
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the stockroom material handlers.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff.
- Conducts regular one on one, create performance objectives and development plans.
- Organizes and conducts all required training activities for the stockroom department.
- Accountable for the safe operation of all equipment, including forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation.
- Be able to perform all activities of personnel supervised.
- Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement in recruitment and selection process within the stockroom department.
- Ensures that orders transacted are verified against pertinent documentation.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement within the Stockroom operations.
- Define KPIs where necessary (ideally through internal or external bench marking), analyze process performance and suggest process improvement or user training.
- On Time Delivery: Responsible for researching missed or late shipments/staging for production lines.
- Shipping/Staging Errors: Responsible for researching and identifying root cause.
- Inventory control: Research/reconcile end of day cycle count variances.
- Install and Facilitate Visual & Daily Management at Gemba
- Facilitate and lead PSP Teams in everyday Problem Solving (e.g., Gemba DIVE Teams and support development of Monthly KPI PSPs).
- Follows stockroom methods for material using the proper SOP and takes ownership of process documentation creation, changes and periodic review.
- Resolves emergent issues for expedited deliveries to the customer.
- Accountable for ensuring the stockroom operation is audit ready 24×7. Readily takes action to implement effective countermeasures and monitor sustainment of audit findings.
- Accountable for ensuring the stockroom operation is 5S ready 24×7 and promotes 5S activities to sustain warehouse organization and safety
Education or Experience (in years):
- High school degree with 8+ years of experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience OR
- Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP required.
- Knowledge of and experience with packaging materials used to safely transport all products required.
- Previous Kaizen/Continuous improvement experience.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and work in a warehouse environment.
Job seekers Tags: Jobs in Newark California, Danaher Corporation in Near Me, Stockroom Supervisor – Night Shift Newark Jobs in Near Me, Full Time Jobs