This position is for a Journeyman Tool Maker , responsible for leading projects to build, repair and modify high-quality injection mold tooling from complex parts and mold designs. Diagnose issues that cause molds to function poorly or cause quality issues.
Post: Journeyman Mold Maker
Location : Lodi, California
Employer: Danaher Corporation
Job type: Full- Time
Experience Range : 2-3 Years
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain tooling machines, molds and mold maintenance areas in a safe, clean and organized condition
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
- Follow, develop and edit mold maintenance and manufacturing procedures
- Read and understand work orders
- Proactively evaluate, suggest and implement mold maintenance and manufacturing improvement ideas
- Use SolidWorks to view, modify and create mold design models, assemblies and drawings
- Inspect, evaluate and perform complex mold repair work including welding, machining, grinding and polishing
- Train apprentice tool makers and machinists to operate tooling manufacturing machines
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, assemble and test complex, Class 101 hot-runner injection molds Valve gate systems.
- Work closely with Engineering, Processing and Operations Teams to solve complex problems, recommend improvements and implement countermeasures
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Attend additional job-related training as required
Education and Experience (in years):
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 6+ years of work-related experience
- Experience in ISO medical regulated environment
Knowledge and skills:
- Familiar with high-volume, multi-cavity, hot-runner injection molds
- Strong problem-solving abilities with complex molding challenges
- Good communication skills with a diverse team of technicians and engineers
- Knowledge interpreting part print & Mold drawings.
- Understands GDP – Good Documentation Practices
- Machining requirements/ responsibilities in operating EDM, CNC& all standard toolroom equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environment
- Preferred Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related area OR 4-Year Journeyman Tool Maker certificate.
- Basic mold processing experience
Job seekers Tags: Jobs in Lodi California, Danaher Corporation in Near Me, Journeyman Mold Maker Jobs in Near Me, Full Time Jobs, Mold Maker